Soundway are here with another compilation, this time making their first foray into the world of Asian music. ‘The Sound of Siam – Leftfield Luk Thung, Jazz and Molam from Thailand – 1964-1975′ is scheduled for release on Soundway Records in December (or late November if you want the CD).
Containing 19 tracks (plus a bonus track on the LP), the selection ”…reflects the outcome of a twentieth century journey from Thai classical to Luk Krung and Luk Thung – music that incorporated western influences such as jazz, surf guitar, ballroom and even Latin and African” (Although check the Soundway link here for all the info).
In support of the release you can also buy some amazing limited edition products (lets not call it merchandise) from the website. The screen prints (artwork by Lewis Heriz and limited to 100 prints) are all signed and numbered, and can be seen above. The t-shirt is also on a limited run of 150, and is absolutely next level.
1. Chaweewan Dumnern – Lam Tung Wai
2. Chaweewan Dumnern – Lam Toey Chaweewan
3. Onuma Singsiri – Mae Kha Som Tam
4. Thapporn Petchubon, Noknoi Uraiporn, Thongthai Tin Isan – Isan Klab Tin
5. Ream Daranoi – Fai Yen
6. Panom Nopporn – Sao Ban Pok Pab
7. Plearn Promdan – Wan Maha Sanook
8. The Petch Phin Thong Band – Soul Lam Plearn
9. Waipod Phetsuphan –Ding Ding Dong
10. Saknatee Srichiangmai – Nom Samai Mai
11. Yenjit Porntawi – Lam Plearn Toh Lom Nhao
12. Chaweewan Dumnern – Sao Lam Plearn
13. Dao Bandon – Mae Jom Ka Lon
14. Sanae Petchaboon – Pen Jung Dai
15. Thong Huad & Kunp’an – Diew Sor Diew Caan
16. Sodsri Rungsang – Uay Porn Tahan Chaydan
17. Kawaw Siang Thong – Kai Tom Yum
18. The Viking Combo Band – Pleng Yuk Owakard
19. Dao Bandon – Tang Ngarn Si Nong
Vinyl Bonus Track: Soi Saeng Daeng – Hi Five